- Pre-heat oven to 160° C (325° F). Add a piece of waxed paper -larger than the pan- on the bottom of 9-inch springform baking pan, and then secured the rim
- Mix crackers and sugar. Add melted butter and blend together with your fingers
- Press into pan and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside (leave oven on)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add eggs and beat until combined
- Pour into crust and bake for 1 hour. Run a wet knife around the rim of the pan to loosen, but do not remove it.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, pour dulce de leche or cajeta on top and refrigerate for 1 more hour