Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup nutella
- 2 teaspoons cacao
- Preheat oven in 200° C (400° F)
- Cream together the butter and sugar, until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and mix until combined. Add the flour gradually and mix between each addition
- Separate half of batter in another big bowl. Add to one half the peanut butter and mix until combined. To the other half, add the nutella and cacao, and mix
- With each batter, make a 1.5 inch thick rectangle (I used a springform pan -using it as a cookie cutter- so both rectangles would be the same size; you can add the remaining batter from the sides on top and press with your fingers to make it even). Very carefully, add the nutella batter on top of the peanut butter one (nutella batter has to be in the middle of the cookies), and using a baking sheet, roll from the longest side of the rectangle so the cookies won't be that big. Press lightly in the end so you can see a complete tube form figure with both batters together.
- Cover the batter tube completely and freeze for 1 hour. Cut the cookies with a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Place the cookies over a baking sheet with 1 inch separation between each. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Let cool completely and enjoy
NOTE: You can make the batter one week in advance and freeze it (uncut and wrapped)