This is a perfect dessert to end your sugary cravings without having to eat the whole cake afterwards; it's easy and really quick to make, without even using the oven!!! you can combine it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or enjoy it just as it is.
Adapted from Prudent Baby
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the Coffee Cake, mix with a spoon the softened butter with the granulated sugar, until creamy and fluffy. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla, then add the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In another recipient add the flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon for the crumb topping. Mix well with a spoon. The mixture will be a bit thick.
- Add the crumb topping mixture on top of your Coffee Cake mixture and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and a half, add 10 more seconds, and keep checking it, until done. Let it cool a little bit before eating.